Production Delivery Driver
Relationships: Reports to shop foreman overall, with daily direction from shop foreman and facility managers (Depending on facility deliveries).
Purpose: To ensure safe and efficient transportation and delivery of Granite-Tops products/material from SCO facilities and/or vendors. Promote excellent customer relations with employees/customers at all facilities.
• Review load sheets, packing slips and load for the day’s deliveries & pickups
• Load & Unload truck and secure load properly. Check product/material for quality.
• Pick up materials from vendors, verify quality and quantity of materials before receipt
• Assist in shop when directed by shop foreman
• Responsible for plumbing inventory levels
• Responsible for sample levels
• May fill-in at SCO’s for crane operation if needed.
• Conduct safety and maintenance check of vehicle prior to operation
• Follow all DOT regulations
• Transport material in a safe and efficient manner. Following all rules of the road and defensive driving techniques
• Deal with customers in a courteous and professional fashion, and accommodate customers’ requests whenever possible
• Fuel truck and authorize fuel bill
• Inform maintenance mechanic of appearance or maintenance problems with truck
• Maintain a daily log book
• Maintain truck cleanliness and appearance – inside and out
• All other duties as assigned
Process Performance Measures: • Daily tasks completed on time
• This is a critical position that attendance needs be within guidelines of the handbook
• DOT compliance
• Amount of teamwork displayed
• Class A CDL certified with a valid MN Drivers License
• Random drug testing
• Able to operate a forklift
• Able to operate an overhead crane
• Able to operate a variety of cargo vehicles
• Pass a DOT physical
• Excellent driving record
• Ability to work independently
• Heavy lifting moving remnants and finish product as needed
Position Status: This is an hourly full-time, year round, non-exempt position.
• Monday-Thursday with normal start time of 7:00 am and work until assigned tasks completed.
• Friday’s only if needed.
• Overtime as needed.
• The hours are subject to change when needed for delivery/pickups from other SCO sites.
To Apply: Complete the job application listed on the Employment page and sent it or bring it into:
Granite-Tops Corporate Headquarters
1480 Prairie Drive
Cold Spring MN 56320